Monday, October 6, 2008

A DOG BED FIT FOR A QUEEN!

My niece got a Yorkshire Terrier (more like a Yorkshire Terror ha ha) for her birthday and so I thought that I'd try to make her a dog bed. Her name was going to be Princess Chloe and since Brooke's room is decorated in her school colors; Orange, Black and White I figured that I'd try to match it.
I basically bought padding used for seat cushions and just upholstered it. A thick piece of padding in the middle and for the arms a just folded a thin piece of cushion and glued/hand sewed it in place. This is the end result and thank goodness Chloe liked it. One thing I did forget to do was iron on a little golden crown on the black part of the bed to further accentuate the "Princess" Chloe name. I had already sewn it into place and didn't want to have to start all over. I'm happy with the end result.

1 comment:

Moma said...

Oh my gosh, the puppy looks so precious on her little thrown. I was truely impressed with the quality of your work for the doggy bed and the piano bench cushion that you made Connie