Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Baby Shower Onesie Cake


There's all kinds of onesie cakes if you google it, but this cake I tried to have look like the little onesie set I made my friend. (Although I had to make the cake brown since she wanted chocolate). It's pretty easy. You bake a cake in just your regular 11x14 cake pan. Cool and take it out of your pan onto your serving board. Measure in on the bottom a couple of inches on each side of the bottom corner and cut a curve. Take those pieces and glue them with icing onto the top of the cake to make arm sleeves. Cut out a neck line and then use a butter cream icing for decorating. (I made the mistake of using the store bought icing and it wasn't firm enough). So, yours will probably turn out way better if you use a butter cream frosting. Have fun!

2 comments:

Moma said...

These are very cute as well as practical. I think people appreciate that you made the gift cause it means more to them. The cake was a great idea too.

Virginia Janet said...

Wow..! That baby shower onesie cake looks so yummy and delicious.