Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Button Mirrors

I love buttons. As a kid my mom had an old plastic peanut butter bucket FULL of all different kinds of buttons and I'd spend a lot of time just looking at them wondering what a person could do with all of those buttons.
I was wondering how I could dress up a full length mirror that I had hanging in my daughters room and I thought that buttons would be cute. I made one for my mother-n-laws daycare for her baby room also. After hot glueing all of the buttons on we brushed on some epoxy to make it hard so babies couldn't pick on the buttons and chock on them. Plus, it makes it so shiny.
I've also in the past have glued buttons on the last few inches of a table skirt and it looks darling. The posibilities are endless when it comes to buttons.


1 comment:

Moma said...

Thank you Joyce, I am the recipient of the second mirror in the picture for my new child care center. It is in the tiny infant room and they can crawl up to it and see the pretty buttons and also see their little selves in the mirror. You are very creative, I also love the leafy table runner, in person it look awesome.