Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Gift Fair

 About a month ago I was asked by some friends to join in on having a garage sale where moms who make crafty things could set up a table and sell their stuff.  People who don't have time to commit to the Farmers Market or other convention type events.  We had such a huge response that my mother and sister-n-law offered for us to use their parking lot at one of their daycares.  We had only a few weeks to get our crafting on and a few days to advertize.  We also had to compete with several bigger craft fairs going on that day as well, but all in all we had a good turn out and most of all we had fun. There were so many cute vendors there, but I didn't have time to venture out to all the booths long enough to get pictures.  Maybe I can find them and post about their things later. 

At my booth I had my Shelf Reliance things (food storage, http://www.shelfreliance.com/); educating people about that and booking parties.  I'm hoping to start a blog about Shelf Reliance after Christmas.  I also made some pin cushions that I found from the website http://www.diydish.com/ (double layer cake pin cushions and the owl pin cushions).  I also made platters from that website as well. 

 I add to put my own spin on the cake pin cushion by making a few to look like girls in dresses.  By just covering the felt differently and adding a hat that you would use when making dolls it totally transforms it.  I think another spin on the platters (which I would've done if I had more time) would've been to add some sort of vinyl silhouete design on top.  I think that would be very cute.  I basically was looking for something that was fast and easy to make.  Also something that unique and could be given as a gift.  Check out the DIY Dish website, they have so many ideas. 

No comments: